Shouting into the Storm Rantings, ramblings, observations and musings from the insipid to the sublime




Monday, October 14, 2002 :::
 
I've been trying to write now for about two weeks. Everytime I get going, I lose my train of thought. I want to write about the anti-war protests here in DC a few weeks ago. I want to present an argument to the historical tradition of protesting in this country. I was to point out that protesting is a valid and useful tool in a participatory democracy. But, all of that is going to have to wait. Tonight, it's just writing to write.

Tonight there was another sniper shooting. This one was about 7 miles from where I live. I overlook a shopping plaza. While I'm not Filled With Terror as CNN says I should be, I am now officially nervous. Perhaps even getting close to edgy. I had a nightmare a few nights ago that I was at a gas station with the girl I'm seeing, and I turned to say something to her, just as she was shot. Not fun.

I am filled with unlimited glee that the Yankees are out of the playoffs. It's just like the NBA, it's faaaan-tastic.

Joe in New Jersey had the following observation last night - "I gotta say Soule, of everyone I've ever met, no one thinks on things as much as you do. Sometimes that's good, most of the time, it isn't." I wish I could refute this, but it's true.

About a month ago, Chris and Dave from Boston came down to watch the Sox and the Orioles do battle. Some observations...
From Casilli:
never bet the Patriots with the spread...
we should have kicked that jackass into the bay...
it's hard damned work being THAT good on Sunday morning...
you CAN get there from here on the DC public transit system...
NOMAHHHHHH still swings at the first pitch...
trying to get a pretzel after the sixth inning and fifth beer, is not a good idea...
bachelorette parties are cool...
Saturday was the first time I was ever HAPPY to get crabs...
Boston is not so much a city, as a state of mind, and way of thinking, and driving...
Southwest kicks ass...
soule's blog is due for an update...
Todd Frohwirth played for the Sox...
FACE FIRST is a good way to introduce yourself...
DENNY's can be a "ahh-choo!" scary place to eat sometimes...
once you get south of the Mason Dixon, the gene pool is more like a bathtub...
a good bartender, can be a bad bartender....
to Phil our waiter, we will ALWAYS be gentlemen....
to the rest of BO BROOKS, we will ALWAYS be "those assholes from BOSTON"...

From Dave:
Chris wears stylish footwear
Dave's feet don't stink as badly as advertised
Sweatshirts are the biggest fashion fiasco of the 21st century
Sitting next to the bathroom is a good way of eventually getting a good view of everyone in a bar
Mallets and knives can be used for good AND evil
Don't rub cayenne pepper into an open wound
Water taxis are really, really slow
Chris hates the poles in parking garages more than anything
Denny's trumps any other establishment in terms of 24-hour availability
Scott Fletcher played for the Red Sox

And from me:
Sobriety checkpoints are unnerving, even if you haven't been drinking
Camden Yards should be renamed Fenway South
We scared Marissa's friends
We were better than advertised
Dave does a great Stadler and Waldorf impersonation
Big pieces into small pieces. Small pieces into smaller pieces.

Here's looking forward to more constructive writing over the next week.

::: posted by Chris at 11:36 PM


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment





Shout Back

_______________
_______________

Rantings, ramblings, observations and musings from the insipid to the sublime



Powered by Blogger