I think they need to more. Set this up like the race book at a casino. Big TV screens with CNN, and your futures market ticket scrolling across the bottom. Maybe we can get cute commentators like CNBC and MSNBC did during those "Irrational Exuberance" days of the late 90s.
My favorite part is that this would be run by the same discredited Reagan hack, John Poindexter, as TIPS was going to be run by.
So, in case you are keeping score, the Bush Admin has had the following hair-brained ideas stomped recently:
- This stupid gambling futures market
- The FCC's media monopoly plan
- Pentagon's Total Awareness plan
- PATRIOT ACT I has been proven to strip your civil rights away
- PATRIOT ACT II is also coming under heavy fire