Shouting into the Storm Rantings, ramblings, observations and musings from the insipid to the sublime


Political Split Is Pervasive (washingtonpost.com)

Sunday, April 25, 2004 :::
 
Political Split Is Pervasive (washingtonpost.com)

I'm not really sure how to comment on this, other than I'm disappointed by it. I yearn for utopian America where people can strive for a higher ideal, a universal goal. To his credit, Bush seems to realize this, though he can't quite find the right ideal to pin on the donkey. I mean, other than war.

Since moving to DC, I've visited Arlington Cemetery often. I always go to the JFK gravesite and read the quotes from his time in office. They are grand, aspiring to a new vision. They put our enemies on alert while at the same time affirming a common sense of decency in the American spirit. And every time I've gone, I always tell whoever I'm with "These quotes wouldn't work now. We're too cynical, we're too divided. People would be looking how to spin it the bloodbath of modern politics." And I'm always disappointed.

::: posted by Chris at 2:10 PM


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment





Shout Back

_______________
_______________

Rantings, ramblings, observations and musings from the insipid to the sublime



Powered by Blogger