Shouting into the Storm Rantings, ramblings, observations and musings from the insipid to the sublime


The Joy of Homeownership

Friday, May 21, 2004 :::
 
Been too long since I've posted. I'll claim the usual suspects and move on.

I bought a house back in September. This weekend, I've decided to jump into my first major renovation. My father and I are redoing the bathroom. Here are a few observations on where the project is after Day 2:

- The original tiled walls were backed with chicken wire and cement.

- The stuff absolutely sucks to get off of the studs. Hours of work.

- But work that can be made easier with a really big crowbar.

- My tub is cast iron, and weighs as much as a dead bishop, according to the plumber.

- Plumbers are goddamn expensive.

- The floor of the bathroom does not have joists, nor a subfloor. Nope, it is 3 inches of solid concrete with tiles on top.

- Said concrete floor has the main pipes to the bathroom *inside of the concrete*

- I will never tear up the floor. Ever.

- Cement board is a damn pain in the ass to work with.

::: posted by Chris at 11:29 PM


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment





Shout Back

_______________
_______________

Rantings, ramblings, observations and musings from the insipid to the sublime



Powered by Blogger