Shouting into the Storm Rantings, ramblings, observations and musings from the insipid to the sublime


Welcome back

Sunday, October 17, 2004 :::
 
Let's try this again.

Hi, welcome to my blog. I haven't written here since May, and damn, if alot hasn't happened since then. But first - I stopped writing because I assumed that you, the World Wide Wed, stopped reading. Plus, I got tired of shouting myself horse about the Bush Administration every other day.

What brings me back? A few things. First off, Blogger has some pretty kick-ass new tools. Like, you can now leave comments for each post. So, if you read this, please, leave comments. Secondly, I am in the beginning stages of what will end up being a huge new undertaking. Without further ado, here is an abbreviated list of what's been going on:

  • I have become a modern-day home improvement nut. That's me, at Lowes at least once a week. To date, I've remodeled the bathroom, replaced the drywall, molding and floorboards in the 2nd bedroom, and framed and drywalled a new partition wall in the basement. It's fun, but my bank account needs a breather.
  • Marissa has moved in with me. Nothing like a little living in sin to keep things interesting. All is going smashingly so far.
  • The Red Sox have torn me apart. Again.
  • I got a new job. Since I don't work there anymore, I feel I can comment. I worked for CACI. Yes, the same one mentioned in the Iraq prison abuse stories. I left because while the individuals I worked with were fine, the corporate culture was terrible. Employees are treated as disposable parts. There was no investment the employees. I'm glad to be rid of them. My new company is a small, local consulting firm. My assignments are with two big-name government agencies that I won't name. They should be enjoyable, if for no other reason than it is a change of pace.
  • I'm starting to figure out what I want to do with my life. Since moving to DC, I've managed to put alot of things behind. What I still haven't figured out is what I'd like to do that would truly excite me. Something that makes me want to go to work every morning. My current field of work is certainly interesting, but it doesn't really get the blood pumping. I'd love to try my hand at elective politics, but I'm very unsure on how to do that. I guess the best way is to just jump in. I'm not very good at that.
  • Poker. I love reading about the "explosion of poker". Well, sure, it gets more press now. But people have been playing for decades. Like all fads, it will quiet down, and then those who are serious about it will stick around. I'm a solid amateur player. I know the fundamentals of the game, and generally play within them. I've advanced to a point that I can tell when I'm off my game, and why. It's a fascinating mix of math and pyschology. I figure if I can get the math down, I'll be better than half the people I play against.
  • I turned 30, and didn't completely fall apart. Go figure.

Anyway, that should get us back on the same page. I'm hoping to get back to writing 2 or 3 times a week. Also hoping to get photos up online. Hopefully it will get people to stop by the site more often.

Vote against fear. Vote for Kerry.




::: posted by Chris at 1:02 AM


Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
(0) comments <$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>
Post a Comment





Shout Back

_______________
_______________

Rantings, ramblings, observations and musings from the insipid to the sublime



Powered by Blogger